Honda hrx217 Handle Failure

woodtick007

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello
My brother has a Honda hrx217 and his handle "has failed/broke. There are pins/studs that hold the handle in a useable position. It appears the were either press fit/silver soldiered. Long story short I went to cut my brothers lawn and the handle was broken.
Has anyone else had his problem? Is there a recall? I looked for the part and one part is $144. I have been using push mowers for more than 50 year and have never had a failure of this kind. I know he paid $600-$700 for the mower . I cannot imagine this is a common problem but it has occurred in his mower. The unit has only been used to cut a small residence.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Greg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Honda have the worlds best warranty system.
Send in the registration card is he has not done it already.
One of my customers has broken his handlebars just below the bend on the left side where the controls bracket was welded on.
This very well could have been a manufacturing defect but OTOH he is using his commercially and has 500 hrs on it.
Contact Honda direct some dealers would rather stiff you for a new set of bars + installation rather than the $ 20 or so fitting fee.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello
My brother has a Honda hrx217 and his handle "has failed/broke. There are pins/studs that hold the handle in a useable position. It appears the were either press fit/silver soldiered. Long story short I went to cut my brothers lawn and the handle was broken.
Has anyone else had his problem? Is there a recall? I looked for the part and one part is $144. I have been using push mowers for more than 50 year and have never had a failure of this kind. I know he paid $600-$700 for the mower . I cannot imagine this is a common problem but it has occurred in his mower. The unit has only been used to cut a small residence.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Greg

Hello from Honda, Greg: There are no known issues with handlebar failure on the HRX. Warranty claims are even more rare as well. Drop me a PM with the full serial number off the back of the mower's deck (it will be in the form of MXXX-1234567) and I'll check with warranty status of mower. Oh, and include your ZIP codeso I can get an idea of delear locationswere you ...