Flywheel / no crank questions

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has posted above, take off the flywheel and see if there is any damage to the alternator, you do seem to have a problem with the electrical side...!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's what I am trying to get to. If there is any other reason the flywheel will not turn. ( magnets, brake etc.) Is there a way to disengage the magnets or brake on the flywheel?

If this engine is seized up internally I wont be putting a lot more money into it. But if there is something I can do relatively inexpensive then I will try to make it go again.

thanks for any and all advice.

If it won't turn by hand and there is nothing jambed under the engine then the previous post stands.
If you need to do something else we would have told you .
So undo the nut and pull it off.
Wishing will not get it done .
No cables to pull, levers to adjust nothing but yanking it off.

Jmoxie

Threads
In process of pulling engine to see what happened.

Everything is off the engine now. I have a question on how to remove the pulleys. The pulleys are tacked to a metal pipe and that looks to be installed over the lower section of the shaft. There is no screws or bolt it kind of has a impression on the pipe like shaft but no where to loosen. Any ideas? I will take a picture tonight but to take the engine off the frame I need to remove the larger pulley. I am close to cutting it off but just in case I can fix it I dont want to destroy it.

here is just the pulley pic.

pulley.JPG

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is a bolt up inside the bottom part of the pulley tube that has to be removed. If that is out, then the pulley is stuck and will take some work to get off, and may even require destroying the pulley.

Jmoxie

Threads
Thanks , I found it, it was up indie the tube.

Preliminary findings are the connecting rod from the piston where it connects to the camshaft is damaged. Looks like lubrication failed in that area and roughed up the aluminum and stopped sliding. Everything else seems smooth and free. There is a lot of carbon build up in the valve area and the top of the piston. I will clean it up and see what else I can find.

Thanks for all the help and suggestion guys.

I may have a line on another engine 19.5 horse Kohler. Hope it fits.