John Deere 285 fuel injected fd590v

izzy 4570

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think I got a rare mower? Not many 285 is fuel injected mowers out there. Can't find any intake gaskets unless I go to Deere. So i made some. Anybody got issues with these mowers.?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section.
Your best bet for finding someone with a 285 should be over there.

Been There

Threads
I think I got a rare mower? Not many 285 is fuel injected mowers out there. Can't find any intake gaskets unless I go to Deere. So i made some. Anybody got issues with these mowers.?

If you ..still ...have the engine specification label on the engine it should read..FD590V-AS01. Those four figures if it shows AS01 means it's a fuel injected engine, and the good old reliable Kawasaki boys assembled that engine just for the John Deere people to try out. There should be a intake gasket available.

mjb8fj

Threads

I never saw one of these, but i would like to see pictures of yours. Other than the dealer, have you tried Jackssmallengine.com? There you would look up by Kawaski motor and maybe find it there? Intresting case for sure, are you the original owner?