Dust Proof Glasses / Goggles

FarmerCharlie

Threads
In the past, I think we discussed glasses and goggles to reduce the dust in our eyes while mowing. My Gizmow mower does a bang-up job mulching--making the clippings virtually disappear if I mow clockwise and overlap a little. But it really kicks up a lot of dust in the process--especially when making sharp right turns. I have tried several types of glasses and goggles, but always manage to get dust in my eyes. The best I found were some goggles that were sealed with a thick layer of foam similar to that on door insulation. I could pull them really tight to give a good seal, but eventually the foam would deteriate. I can't find them anymore. I did try the Uvex S39610C with an elastomer seal, but they were not as effective. I also tried the similar Dewalt DPG82-11, which was also less effective for me. Adjusting either of them tight enough to get a good seal makes them very uncomfortable.

Anyone found a good solution to this problem?

Charlie

Pumper54

Threads
Not very fashionable but have you looked i to swimmer's goggles? Pretty sure if they keep water out they would keep out dirt and dust.

Tom

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Or if you want to look a little more macho motorcycle goggles.
Equipment goggles are designed to be worn standing still so they all have to include some sort of venting to prevent you cooking your eyes
With swimming goggles heat dissapation is not a problem and motorcycle goggles have venturi vent so if you ain't moving they don't leak
Now you can then go one step further and get forced air goggles used by spray painters or welders but the neighbours might just ring the funny farm collection van if they see you mowing with that on.
I think there are also some forced air gear for extreme asmatics but being medical gear it will not be cheap.

FarmerCharlie

Threads

Attachments

• EnkeeoMotorcycleGlasses.jpg
    EnkeeoMotorcycleGlasses.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 18

FarmerCharlie

Threads
Or if you want to look a little more macho motorcycle goggles.
The Enkeeo off-road dirt bike goggles came a couple days ago. They have a thicker and softer foam lining than the foam-lined goggles I used to use, but the foam is much easier to deform. The strap is adjustable to pull the goggles tight enough to seal without causing pain like the other so-called dust-proof goggles I have tried lately.
20170920_193448_EnkeeoGoggles_1000W.jpg
I tried them mowing about three acres yesterday. They worked perfectly. It took a while before I could get used to making sharp right turns without having to close my eyes in the clouds of mulch-dust. And to my surprise, the goggles didn't even fog up during a couple of hours mowing on a very warm and dusty day. The foam in these may deteriorate with time like it did on my older goggles, but I'll be happy if they even last a season.

Charlie