New Lawn Mower forum member: NE Ohio

CFB

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello everyone,
I have a Ford diesel, 16 HP LGT model, almost 30 years old now. Just replaced the mower belt this past year for the first time. Let the mower gear box run dry last year too which cost me $1,000 to get it back together. Almost a complete rebuild, but the parts were available. That was indeed my biggest expense over the years. It has been very good to me for pushing snow, rototilling and mowing. Just could be a bit bigger for my needs but was what I could afford back then and my father-in-law helped me too. Now, I'm facing to replace the rear axle seals and that is a big job. I'm going to send a separate post on that.
I also have a 448 Case Ingersoll tractor. I kept it going after my father-in-law past away while I mowed their lawn. When my mother in law passed I bought it. I wish I had paid more attention to my second dad as to how it all worked. I've mostly mowed with it but have rototilled too. It has been pretty good too, but had to replace a few hydraulic hoses and make a pressure adjustment so that the tiller would lift high enough.

There is a separate forum for the Case/Ingersoll/Colt family of tractors, but I'm hoping to share what I know and benefit from you all, on my ford diesel.

Glad to be a part of this, what I think is a new forum.

CFB

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! :welcome: