Ferris IS700z Front Suspension System/Mechanical & Design Defect

Jeanine.

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Ferris IS700z Front Suspension System/Mechanical & Design Defect
We own a Ferris IS700z. It failed last summer in the first 100 hours. The left rear wheel busted off at the mounting flange. This year, at approximately 200 hours, the same thing happened on the right. When the wheel busted off, my husband started to lose control of the mower and was nearly thrown. We took it in for repairs on July 31. It's still not fixed. The dealer says that Ferris has acknowledged a material defect in the hubs. We were also told that Ferris has acknowledged a design defect in the wheels. We have not been given an estimated date of repair. I told both the dealer and Ferris that we want a full refund; we did not buy a re-manufactured or re-claimed mower. We paid a LOT of money for a new mower. Our prior ZT Toro performed better at 10 years than the Ferris at one year. Ferris won't talk to us directly, and the dealer (Eureka Rental of Eureka, MO) is very dismissive and arrogant. The dealer has reinstalled the old wheels and returned the mower to our house while they await new parts. What do we do about our lawn in the interim? Ferris has not heard the last of this. I think a product safety recall is in order. Inspect your wheels, mounting flange and hubs for signs of distress, and be safe!

Last edited:

Pacstripes

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Ferris IS700z Front Suspension System/Mechanical & Design Defect
Getting ready to purchase a new mower and in the same area as you. Given what you know, would you not buy the same mower a second time?