moves slow

mtd46

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a yardman select series model 13a0785to55 which moves slow,i took it to a repair man and he checked belts,verable pully and nothing,said had to be
rearend and changed it,when i got it back he had changed the rearend and it ran fast like it should but wouldn,t stop,i checked belts and he had put a
shorter belt in it, i put the right one back on and it now will stop but back to square one move slow again.
Anyone have any ideals???

dfbroxy

Threads
I have a yardman select series model 13a0785to55 which moves slow,i took it to a repair man and he checked belts,verable pully and nothing,said had to be
rearend and changed it,when i got it back he had changed the rearend and it ran fast like it should but wouldn,t stop,i checked belts and he had put a
shorter belt in it, i put the right one back on and it now will stop but back to square one move slow again.
Anyone have any ideals???

It could be that the belt he put on was the correct one, but the pullys need to be adjusted to the unstreached belt. Belt could be routed wrong, check manual.

mtd46

Forum Newbie
Threads
It could be that the belt he put on was the correct one, but the pullys need to be adjusted to the unstreached belt. Belt could be routed wrong, check manual.

How do you adjust the pully??
Also is there away you can tell when a hydrostatic trans was mfg (year built)

dfbroxy

Threads
How do you adjust the pully??
Also is there away you can tell when a hydrostatic trans was mfg (year built)

Go to searspartsdirect.com and use your make and model to look up a transmission diagram. Use it to check proper installment of belt. While under the mower check all the pullies to see if they arent worn out or damaged. Another common problem is trash and debris in the linkages to trans, especally at the trans brake.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
See this parts diagram:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/13A0785T055/0736/1509200.html

Go the ht tab marked "transmission."

Find idler linkage, #55, and the adjustment rod end, #28.
I believe that is how you adjust the amount of pre-travel on your drive belt.
Adjusting that rod end so that there is a minimum of take-up travel in the drive belt should speed your
mower up a bit.

ps-from the diagrams that I have seen, your tranny is not hydrostatic....