Honda HRX217VKA

Mike88se

Threads
How to slow down the speed of this mower?

Hmmm, this is kind of odd. A few weeks back somebody asked how to speed up an HRX. Ground speed or engine RPMs. Has that got the paddle looking control with the dial in the center? I'd guess turning that dial CCW would slow the ground speed.

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
The manual shows the process for adjusting the clutch cable to increase or decrease the speed. It's right where the cable comes out of the handle. It also says it will break in a little when it's new so you may experience some inconsistencies at first. Mine is new and it is pretty quick. I've just got it on a really low setting for now and it is fine. I will give it probably around 10 hours of run time before I start adjusting the cable if I need to.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

There is a simple procedure, but it varies depending on the version you have...I can tell you that by the serial number, and share some tech details on how to make the adjustment....drop me a private messag with your full serial number:

36508536614_6119377ba0_o.png

Jeffsony1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The manual shows the process for adjusting the clutch cable to increase or decrease the speed. It's right where the cable comes out of the handle. It also says it will break in a little when it's new so you may experience some inconsistencies at first. Mine is new and it is pretty quick. I've just got it on a really low setting for now and it is fine. I will give it probably around 10 hours of run time before I start adjusting the cable if I need to.

Have you had any issues with the dial not holding desired speed and moving to a slightly slower speed?

Thanks

Roymg

Threads

Ha..I know and feel your pain. Mine too will give you a good workout by dragging you around the yard.
I'm slowly getting the hang of how to control the speed.