121s02-2005-f1 is being replaced by ???

chops

Threads
After finally figuring out what engine is needed for my log splitter with the help of a couple ACE mechanics on this Forum . I have been told it is no longer available by several different websites .When asked a rep what was replacing it they did not know . Does anyone else have any info on this engine . why is it being replaced and what engine is replacing it any help would be appreciated Thank You in advance
Respectfully Barry.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Briggs distribution is showing the 125P02-0017-F1 engine is replacing the 121S02-2005-F1 but hasn't been received by the warehouse as of yet.

chops

Threads
Briggs distribution is showing the 125P02-0017-F1 engine is replacing the 121S02-2005-F1 but hasn't been received by the warehouse as of yet.
Thanks ILENGINE one warehouse told me 2-8 wks wait on the 121s02-2005 website said it was in stock . A couple hours later I received email asking if I still wanted it it was on back ordered. Figured I surf the web and look elsewhere but was told it was being replaced but they did not know by what
Why are they replacing engines so frequently is it because they are flawed. Now I'm not sure if I want to wait the 2-8wks for the 121s02-2005-F1 or start looking for the new replacement 125P02-0017-f1 .Which one is better?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
A lot of the parts from one engine to the next are the same, but due to changes in production, and ongoing improvement, older engines get replaced with newer production engines. Briggs warehousing tends to stock the more common engines, and will substitute a similar engine for another, especially if they have an similar engine on the special pricing engine line.

chops

Threads
Thanks for the insight on the reasoning why of substitution of engines .Now lets see if that special pricing on the engine line is going to be advantageous for me.
I did a cursory search for that replacement engine and I haven't seen anyone out there having for sale yet. Im glad ive got a few cord split and most of it cut waiting to be split I have a feeling it's going to be a month before I start seeing it on the market hopefully sooner . I just might have to pull out the ol maul and get busy ! :laughing: Thank You ILENGINE