Mower won't start after changing blade/running out of gas.

Zerobar

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Mower won't start after changing blade/running out of gas.
I have a Yard Machines push mower with a Briggs and Stratton, 190 cc ,ready start ,675 series motor that won't start.

Prior to my problem occuring I had cleaned the underside of the deck and replaced the blade. I turned the mower right side up and let it run a minute or so to shake off the last of the debris. At this point it was probably just about out of gas. Next day it wouldn't start. I believe its a fuel problem because I can pour a bit of gas in the engine and it will run a few seconds and then stop again.

I have fuel going from the gas tank to the carb without any obstructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
carb issue!....take off air filter and spray starting fluid in...see if it catches enough to keep going..if not....take off fuel bowl and inspect and clean...if that doesn't change anything...get back to us and we'll go to the next step:smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... I can pour a bit of gas in the engine and it will run a few seconds and then stop again.

I have fuel going from the gas tank to the carb without any obstructions.

Welcome to LMF...
You have something in the carb plugging things up... as you say, it runs when you put fuel directly in....
So most likely when you had it over something dislodged and is now plugging things up, possibly the float is off or hanging up, give the whole mower a good jolting bounce, to see if the float will return, if it won't you will need to take the fuel bowl off, and clean out what ever is likely blocking the main jet ... :smile:KennyV

Zerobar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I apologize for the long time for me to reply. I got frustrated and stopped troubleshooting but I'm ready to give it another go.

Update***

I removed the fuel bowl and everything inside was pretty clean. I cleaned everything anyway and reconnected the float and (?) metal pin thingy ( sorry im a newb...). Still won't start.

I also checked the gas cap as suggested and everything seems good there to.

Questions***

Im not sure I put the metal weight pin back in correctly. It should face the sky and sit up inside a small hole/chamber, correct?

again, any help is greatly appreciated!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
WHEN YOU TIPPED IT....IT PROBABLY GOT SOME OIL FLOODING THE CYL......DID YOU TRY THE STARTING FLUID?....YOU MAY HAVE TO DO IT 7-8 TIMES.....ALSO ...PULL THE SPARK PLUG AND TELL US THE CONDITION....THEN CLEAN OR REPLACE IT :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WHEN YOU TIPPED IT....IT PROBABLY GOT SOME OIL FLOODING THE CYL......DID YOU TRY THE STARTING FLUID?....YOU MAY HAVE TO DO IT 7-8 TIMES.....ALSO ...PULL THE SPARK PLUG AND TELL US THE CONDITION....THEN CLEAN OR REPLACE IT :smile:

Did I miss something... ? Is there a reason you are suddenly leaving your caps LOCK on?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i was using them on a Mercedes forum....they automatically convert it to small case....is it really that bad?:smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is not that it is BAD, it is just that it removes one of the possible ways to convey any emphasis in printed text...
On most forums it is rarely tolerated & like many have said, it gives the impression of shouting... If some posts are in lower case and others in upper case, the lower case has always 'seemed' easier to read & follow...

I was wondering if I had missed something and you were deliberately doing it, as I noticed it was all upper case in the last few posts you had placed.. :smile:KennyV

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
no...nothing intentional :smile:

Zerobar

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE****

Still not getting anywhere. I tried the latest suggestion of the starting fluid. I even changed the spark plug for the hell of it.

I give it a good spray, three or four pulls and it runs for 1-2 seconds. I did this about 15 times and gave up.

I hate to trash this thing cause I only got one season out of it but I'm at my whit's end!!!!