Repairs Electric Start does not work after self-propel failed

Slam

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Electric Start does not work after self-propel failed
I have a 2005 Toro Super Recycler with Self-Propel and Electric Start. It has been running well with no issues until yesterday. In mid mow, the rear wheels stopped self-propelling with the upper handle pushed forward, but the engine is still still running. Almost immediately, I turned the mower off and laid it on it side to see if there was something obvious, like something binding the wheels. Didn't see anything wrong, and found the wheels can still free-spin. I turned the mower back right-side up and tried the keyed electric start. Now, nothing happened at all with no sound at all, not even the starter cranking. Pulled the cord and the mower still wouldn't start. Checked the fuse; it was still good. I took a cursory look at all the external electrical connections, and all the connections seems to be intact. It just seems the electrical system just decided to completely die once I shut the mower off. Before I start diagnosing every component, has anyone ran across this issue or can pinpoint what the cause might be so I can just fix that component rather than investigating in the dark? Thank you for your help!
-Slam