Lawn boy catalytic converter

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for posting the link to the R/C aircraft. Yeah, those guys have a TON of money wrapped up in those models, especially the ones with 2 turbines. Going over 20K is probably not hard to too, those guys have much deeper pockets than me.

Jeff

YEAH I know that issue well, used to be a sign in the hobby-shop I patronized, it read :
What separates Men from Boys, .. Is the cost of their toy's ! I hated that *&^$#@%$# sign ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

2smoked

Threads
All this motorhead talk is great. It certainly reveals that us Lawn Boy fans have one common denominator-we love most anything involving internal combustion! My early interests began with motorcycles. I was an adolescent during the late 60’s and early 70’s when Japanese motorcycles were as common as house flies. What a great time to be alive! 2 stroke or 4 stroke, the roads were filled with these mechanical wonders that were cheap, looked beautiful, and could transport you away to wherever you wanted to go. My dreams of owning a bike were fulfilled when my Dad allowed me buy one as long as I got my driver’s license. He helped me cut a deal on my first motorcycle—a brand new 1973 Honda CB 125–paid for with my own money, of course. I was a fan of 4 strokes at the time and Honda was a dedicated 4 stroke motorcycle maker. I didn’t care for the noise or the smoke of the Yamahas, Suzukis, Kawasakis and (remember?), Bridgestones. But they sure were a lot faster.

After all those years of despising 2 strokes, I sure love the older Lawn Boys. Funny how that is. And another thing I find perplexing is how Lawn Boy had something that was elegantly simple and reliable, and with the stroke of a few beaureacrat pens, it became something complicated and (dare I say) homely looking. All because a small, noisy crowd said that those little 2 strokes were killing people by the thousands, not to mention, the planet. I often wonder if the day will come when a guy like me will be arrested for operating anything that uses internal combustion for power. I hope I’m enjoying Lawn Boy (and motorcycle) Heaven by then.

Just my three cents worth of ramblings.

Attachments

• 483B0CE4-8A87-4683-9B5A-3139893E2F37.jpg
    483B0CE4-8A87-4683-9B5A-3139893E2F37.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 8

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't take much to amuse us gearheads and get us fired-up ! here's a pic of my 98cc. Ducati Bronco (circa 1960-65) A great little street bike for my paper-route. Yep the 60s were THEEEE years to be a teen with a license, Road-Rockets & Muscle-Cars ruled the roads.

SCAN0011.JPG

jp1961

Threads
As long as we're walking down memory lane, my love affair with the I/C engine began as a kid with Cox model airplanes and cars. What fun those little 1/2 A engines were, torquing off the neighbors with their high pitched scream, cutting your fingers on the prop and the castor oil in the fuel ruining your clothes,,,lol.

LeRoy Cox was a genius, keeping the tolerances on his engines down to millionths and doing so on modified screw making machines, unbelievable.

Regards

Jeff

2smoked

Threads
As long as we're walking down memory lane, my love affair with the I/C engine began as a kid with Cox model airplanes and cars. What fun those little 1/2 A engines were, torquing off the neighbors with their high pitched scream, cutting your fingers on the prop and the castor oil in the fuel ruining your clothes,,,lol.

LeRoy Cox was a genius, keeping the tolerances on his engines down to millionths and doing so on modified screw making machines, unbelievable.

Regards

Jeff

OH YAH—I forgot about those! On winter nights my friend and I would run these little cars with those engines in each other’s basements until the air had a blue haze. Loved the noise and the smell! But our Moms did not share that love.
I remember our cars were called “Baha Bugs”. The little Cox engine had a tiny recoil starter just like Dad’s lawnmower. I don’t know what ever happened to mine, but I do have a little grandson who was born with the “motor” gene. He would’ve loved it.

viperv10

Threads
This is off the subject but I was just looking on craigslist, Cleveland, Ohio for lawn boy mowers and I came across someone that had a lot of about 60 Lawn boys for sale. I wish I had the money and room to keep them all. Hey Jeff wouldn't that be fun to have to start your own Lawn Boy shop shop?
I copied the browser address if anyone wants to take a look.
https://cleveland.craigslist.org/for/d/lawn-boy-lawn-mowers/6411005804.html
Jerry

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is off the subject but I was just looking on craigslist, Cleveland, Ohio for lawn boy mowers and I came across someone that had a lot of about 60 Lawn boys for sale. I wish I had the money and room to keep them all. Hey Jeff wouldn't that be fun to have to start your own Lawn Boy shop shop?
I copied the browser address if anyone wants to take a look.
https://cleveland.craigslist.org/for/d/lawn-boy-lawn-mowers/6411005804.html
Jerry

Just makes your mouth water, fingers twitch,eyeballs pop out, drive ya crazy to no end !!

jp1961

Threads
Hi Jerry,

I'd have to build a pole barn for those 60 mowers, but yeah, starting a repair/resale shop is something I'd consider.

Regards

Jeff