New Guy from New Mexico

zman111666

Threads
Hello, all. I been exploring the forum for about a week or so, getting a feel for it and the members, and helping a bit where I can. I think I'll be hanging out here a bit, y'all seem pretty cool. I run a small shop out of my garage, just a notch or two up from shade tree mechanic. There are only like three or four actual small engine shops in a 20 mile radius, so my competition is next to nothing. I've been open for only about 2 years, and can barely keep up with the work. I used to haul heavy equipment for the big rental companies, but my current health prohibits that. So it's a good thing I had my high school small engine and auto mech classes to fall back on, and the fact that I have always been a die-hard do-it-yourselfer. Never took a car to a shop for other than tires, been working on anything I could wrench on since before I could drive. Really didn't have to buy any tools to open a functional shop.
My father was a machinist by trade, and when he retired he bought a few toys to keep himself entertained, like a smithy lathe, a surface grinder, and an end mill. These are in my shop now, as he is too advanced in years to make much good of them. They come in handy for custom parts fabricating, and such. I also do some light welding, nothing fancy.
You can read more about my little shop and my life on my web site www.corazondecorrales.com.
I look forward to interacting with everyone on here, sharing what I know, and getting help for those head scratchers and brain farts. I already appreciate some of the more interesting characters here. Thanks for having me.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
There are a lot of one man shops on here but always room for one more.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here.