Hurricane Irma

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope any of you folks that are in the path are prepared. Looks like it is going to be a bad girl. Florida is going to get pounded. Unless it goes west more than expected we are going to dodge the bullet. We are on the very edge of the cone of uncertainty.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like we'll be OK in South Mississippi, so in the morning I am heading to Texas to help
my daughter's family with post flood repairs.
I purchased sheet rock and insulation here as they are in short supply and real expensive there.
I have an enclosed trailer that was destined for them in Texas in the fall.
It'll serve as carryall and workbench/shop during the project, and then remain there.
One less vehicle to worry about.

I have a son just north of Clearwater.
I may have to go there after I finish in Texas.............

Y'all be safe.

Lawn Addict
Threads
jekjr- Even being on the edge of uncertainty, you are still gonna feel this one, it so big & then the feeder bands. Then it looks like it is headed my way, by that time hopefully it is just bad winds & rain.
I'm ready to re-roof the house, materials are here, but waiting till this is over.

Ronno6- Very cool of you taking care of your family !!! :thumbsup:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some weather sources say we are going to have 90% chance of rain tomorrow and some say as little as 30%. I need to get over about 16 or 17 acres of grass tomorrow. I guess when we get up if there is water falling we will know that is is gonna rain and if it is not we will know that it might start. :)

Lawn Addict
Threads
That would be the most reliable indicator.