New cc xt3 gsx or used deere x540

mg77

Forum Newbie
Threads
My wife and I are finally moving out of suburbia and into a more rural area. Our new house has a 600' driveway with a decent grade(I'm guessing 8-10%). We also have approximately 2 acres of lawn to mow. I want one machine to do both the snow removal and mowing. I also want a snow blower and not a plow since it's a long straight driveway that will drift badly if I get banks built up.
I was decided on a new Cub Cadet xt3 gsx with a 54" fab deck. I was going to get a 44"berco snowblower for it. The whole package would run me $6500. Then I saw a 2010 Deere x540 with a 48" deck and 265 hours at a dealer about an hour for me. They're asking $4650. I'm sure I could pick up a used Deere snowblower for it for under $1000. If not I could get a new Berco for $1600. So the price is essentially the same
I know the Deere is a solid time tested machine and will have a better resale down the road, but it is 8 years old. I've looked at and driven the cc. I liked it. It looks like a machine built to take a lot of abuse and keep on running.
I'm leaning towards the Deere, but could be persuaded to go for the CC. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike