Engine Exhaust blowing white smoke and oil.

Jeffvador

Forum Newbie
Threads
An aunt of mine gave me a Troy Bilt riding mower that has a major problem. The exhaust is blowing lots of white smoke and oil. When I first started the mower it did this but it eventually stopped after riding around for a few mins. I went ahead and put a little seafoam in it and drove it around a little more with no problem. So I called a cousin of mine that needed a mower and I let him take it home and try it out before he bought it. He said when he started it up it blow tons of smoke and oil out again but wouldnt stop. He said he took the spark plug out and gas poured out. I have no idea on where to start work on it at. Any ANY help what-so-even would be awesome. I am going to his house Saturday picking the mower back up. Thanks Jeff Oh yea! I believe the mower is only a couple years old and I think either a 18 hp ot 17.5 hp engine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
change the oil and filter if it has one and repair the carb. the needle valve is leaking and allowing gas to overflow the carb, fill the cylinder and also fill the crankcase with gas

noma

Threads
Jeffvador

One other thing you can do is put a shut off valve on the gas line before the carburettor and when you are going to shut off the lawn mower engine , turn off this gas shut off valve and let engine run until you run out of gas in the carburettor .That way it will not leak through carburettor and into engine oil. You will still need to fix the carburettor and get this fixed right, but that extra shut off valve is not going to hurt.And you might have to do this thing of using that shut off valve more often. And in the fall when you don't use this mower all winter you can drain out the carburettor this way and next spring it should start right up being you don't have stile gas in carburettor, but put sea foam in the gas this fall for the winter months. Good luck:wink:

Threads
also keep the spark plug side of the engine higher then the crankcase side oil leaks past the rings