TRANAXLE ALIGNMENT

RedneckPapaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The crossmember that is on the right side of mower had a missing bolt located on the upper side. This was only noticed after at least 3 drivebelts were installed and then broke. I took both wheel/tire assemblies off to have better operating room. To insert the mower I had a tough time getting the hole to line up correctly on the tranaxle and crossmemeber. I loosened a number of bolts that hold the tranaxles to the frame and then inserted the bolt with nut fingertight. I then tightened all the bolts including the one that I was replacing. I re-installed the wheels and took it for a spin. I smelled rubber burning and thought the belt was about to break so I took the mower back to the garage. I then discovered that the inner side of the right tire was rubbing against the frame and that was where the smell was coming from! It appears that the two transaxles have moved slightly to the left since the left tire had plenty of clearance but the right side has no clearance. I can't determine if there is any holes that have any adjustment to allow pushing the unit to the right to give any clearance for the right tire. It looks to be straitforward that you mount it all back together as the holes in the frame have no allowance for movement to the left or right. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the solution?

RedneckPapaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cease Fire! Cease Fire! Unload, Lock and Clear! Before someone calls me stupid, I've found my mistake. The wheel/tire assemblies do not interchange with each other. Right side is the right tire and the left tire is the left side! Hope my ignorance will help somebody down the road. Have a great day!!:ashamed::laughing::laughing:

kraky

Threads
Geez... I only thought this kind of stuff happened to me....lol!
My A.D.D. keeps me from marking things when I take them apart so they go back in the same order...but I do get things apart FAST!

Datadave

Threads
Good to know (Thanks for the info)