Repowering Toro Super Recycler 20055

holby

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Toro Super Recycler 20055 yesterday on the side of the road for $25. It looks to be in great shape for a 10 year old (or so) mower. Problem is, I can't get it started. My plan is to buy a new carburator ($9) and a new spark plug ($4), put in fresh oil and gas and see if that will work. If that doesn't work, I plan on just replacing the engine. I am mechanically challenged and haven't done anything like this before. I currently have a Toro 20382 with the honda engine in it, and I love that mower.

From a google search, it looks like the Briggs and Stratton engine replacement for the 125k02-0189-E1 is currently 104M02-0028-F1. It looks like a nice little engine for $175. I know this is an older mower, but I'm thinking about buying a Briggs and Stratton 121Q02-2025-F1 for fun, which would cost $220. It appears to have similar specifications at 25mm x 3 5/32in. According to a reviewer on northern tool for this engine, it appears that I should have no problem bolting this up to the SR4 deck. If I need help on a project like this, my father in law owns a car shop and could help if needed.

Is there anything that I'm not thinking about correctly?