Brand new

Spin88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Grand Day from Southern Arizona. Looking to add lawn to the desert landscape and thought this would be a good place to gather ideas.

Spin

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
1fa08fc3853891d1dc7bab72de2eb6fb--funny-emoticons-smileys.jpg

Welcome Spin, Let me see here, GRASS in the desert ! Hmmm. I heard of Cacti, Rock-Designs, and Artificial lawns,
Please enlighten me as to what kind of "grass" you're thinking of cultivating . ..:confused2:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our lawn care and landscaping section.

deck~dragger

Threads
Sounds challenging there Spin, where I live there is an average of 40" of rainfall a year. Find a county extension agency and see how feasible this is . From what I have seen of the desert grasses, they grow tall and in clumps, not lush and green. Maybe add some native grasses and plants to your property and keep the South Western look? If you have neighbors, what kind of yards do they have?

Homer1

Threads
My vote is for some nice fake turf. They are doing great things these days. You can have a well groomed yard all year and laugh at the ones that have to mow :)

Welcome.

Greenfinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm sure this is possible but you would have to fill your land with soil first let it set then lay your lawn. I don't see grass growing out of sand personally but I could de wrong.