simplicity 7790 fuel lines removal

snakejeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I know this may sound kind of mechanically ignorant, but is there any one who can tell me how to take loose the fuel lines on a 7790 simplicity diesel tractor. I don't know the high pressure lines from the low pressure lines. Some of the fuel lines have a crimp on one end and a hose clamp on the other. I just don't see how to unfasten the ones with
crimps and the ones that seem to go into a connector that is held by a nut. Man, I'm really embarrassed to even post this, but i would greatly be thankful if anybody could tell me how to get these unfastened or if possible post some pics of which ones are high pressure and which are not. The tractor has a 195 hrs on it. I've ran it twice around the yard in the last 2 years, but the second time,2 maybe 3 lines are seeping fuel badly. The thing starts up quick and runs smooth without any smoke. Just hoping somebody on here could help me with the fuel lines so I could at least start it up and run it some to change the engine oil and hydro oil. I've worked on nothing but gas engines and know very little about the diesel. ANY response would be absolutely great. Thanks Ron

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you don't know what you're doing, this would be a good time to enlist the help of someone who does.

I am not familiar with your tractor at all but if it's a typical diesel, the high pressure lines will be all metal--no flexible lines on the high pressure side.

When you open the fuel lines on a diesel, air gets in the system and this air will prevent the engine from starting once it finds its way to the injection pump and injectors.