Z-Force 44 Deck idler spring and bolts bent/broke, questions

Florida

Threads
  • / Z-Force 44 Deck idler spring and bolts bent/broke, questions
Pics: imgur.com/a/wv7cu

I noticed something that looked wrong on my new to me cub zforce 44" (53AA5A6L710). A washer looked bent up where the idler arm spring is anchored to the deck with a carriage bolt. I took it all apart and found that the spring had broken. I am guessing when the spring broke that it could move away from the carriage bolt and then twisted/bent up the big washer to the point where it got wedged into the spring coils. If I am wrong, please let me know so I can learn about this.

I ordered the new spring. I am wanting to know if the carriage bolt and that big bent up washer can just be replaced with stuff from the hardware store, or if I need to special order those like I did with the spring?

I am brand new to working on stuff like this, did a lot of research and appreciate any advice as to what I need to do here.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can replace with off the shelf parts.

Florida

Threads
Pics: imgur.com/a/WA5RU

Thanks, I went to the hardware store and brought the arm + bolts. The guy there pointed out to me that the carriage bolt had been tack welded to that big bent washer (was wondering why I didnt find it on the diagram, heh)

I broke the tack welds off and removed that washer from the oem bolt and put it back together with the new spring. Also cleaned up and unseized that shoulder bolt pivot in the arm.

Just figured I'd add an ending to this post. Will be trying out the deck today.

Update: Worked well, thanks again

Last edited: