Blowout sale on WORX WG772 56 volt Li-Ion cordless lawn mower

MowerMike

Threads
  • / Blowout sale on WORX WG772 56 volt Li-Ion cordless lawn mower
This mower is currently being sold on the worxgt eBay store for $191.99 with a 20% Labor Day discount coupon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WG772-WORX-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

This is more than 50% off the original $399.99 MSRP, and much less than other internet prices. As of this time, there are only 10 remaining, so by the time you read this they may be gone. I bought this mower 2 weeks ago at the already heavily discounted price of $239.99, and have used it two times so far. It does a great job mulching, and the batteries have sufficient capacity to complete 1/4 acre on a single charge.

MowerMike

Threads
Sold out !

Bwells

Threads
Okay, so now you have a new 56 v and the greenworks 40 v. I would imagine the batteries are item specific so two chargers as well. I have a greenworks 40 v blower that I use around the pool but would never use it for the driveway. It just doesn't have the umph I need.

MowerMike

Threads
Okay, so now you have a new 56 v and the greenworks 40 v. I would imagine the batteries are item specific so two chargers as well. I have a greenworks 40 v blower that I use around the pool but would never use it for the driveway. It just doesn't have the umph I need.

Yes, completely different batteries and chargers. Since the batteries that come with this new mower are sufficient to complete mowing my lawn on a single charge, it doesn't matter that I can't use my other batteries. You probably have the wimpy Greenworks "sweeper" and there are many much better cordless blowers that you can buy today.

Bwells

Threads
Well, my "sweeper" has a 40 volt Li-Ion battery and is about 6 months old. Blows well for the area I use it for and I can't see buying something to replace it when that will also be "old school". I prefer to shovel gas into my 5 year old blower that really gets the job done.

MowerMike

Threads
Why did WORX decide to discontinue its Li-Ion battery lawn mowers ?

I'm a bit perplexed as to why WORX would discontinue its Li-Ion battery cordless lawn mowers, and is now selling exclusively SLA battery powered lawn mowers, including a heavy 36 volt version of the discontinued model that weighs 20 lbs more and takes 3 times longer to recharge. I discovered this fact when I went to the WORX website to register my new mower so that I would qualify for a 1 year extension of my warranty from 2 to 3 years. At a time when other manufacturers are discontinuing their SLA lawn mowers in favor of Li-Ion versions (with the notable exception of Neuton), it seems strange that WORX would take the opposite retrogressive approach. I've now used my new WG772 mower 3 times, and it has performed very well, so I really see no reason why it should be discontinued. Also, WORX is still selling other tools based on their 56 volt Li-Ion battery such as their leaf blower and string trimmer, so the explanation is not related to the availability of that battery. Perhaps WORX made a marketing decision based on an incressingly competitive and congested Li-Ion lawn mower market, and decided to just get out. Why WORX, why ?

Mark Widmer

Threads
Okay, so now you have a new 56 v and the greenworks 40 v. I would imagine the batteries are item specific so two chargers as well.

Yes, completely different batteries and chargers.

Was there an expectation that mowers from different companies would have compatible batteries? I'd have been surprised if Worx and Greenworks mowers/tools could use each others batteries.

Bwells

Threads
Mark, I think you may have not understood what I was getting at or I did a lousy job of explaining. I currently have a shelf that has eight chargers all with different voltage and battery configuration. The only one I like is my 20 year old 9.6 volt Makita cordless drill and I have two chargers for the two batteries I have, a Ni-cd and a NiMh. I do have an 18 volt Snap-On that will twist your arm off if not careful. All the Ryobis have been pitched and now I have two cordless blowers, a 18 volt and a 40 volt.The 18 volt lasted about a year and I don't think the 40 volt will be any different. I have RC cars, boats, and planes and I have one charger for all of the different batteries. My Iphone 4 and Iphone 5 both take a different cord. Until they standardize the cordless items, I consider them to be good for a year and then to the dump.

Mark Widmer

Threads
Bwells, I can relate. I have a different battery and charger for every tool, with the exception of two Greenworks 40V tools (leaf blower and hedge trimmer). I have decided that all my future yard tools will be Greenworks, just to keep the batteries and chargers to a more manageable level. On the other hand, I really like my Milwaukee drill and would buy the same if it ever needs replacing.