Engine won't turn over on 2014 Hustler Raptor SD

RedneckPapaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The deck belt was replaced and when I sat on the seat and turned the key nothing happened! It's probably some safety switch but can't figure it out! Any suggestions? Battery fully charged even though it is over 3 years old (Apr 2014)

Bwells

Threads
Silly question but did you have the brake pedal pushed in?

Homer1

Threads
Did you replace the belt yourself?

You can check the seat switch easily by raising it up and making sure it's connected well, wiggle it some to seat it properly.

Make sure the battery cables are connected properly and fuses in tact. If a shop changed the belt they may have a safety protocol of removing a battery cable or etc.

Make sure PTO switch is off, your parking brake is set, control bars in neutral, and your in the seat. Try it again. Report back, if you get nothing, not even a click.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you replace the belt yourself?

You can check the seat switch easily by raising it up and making sure it's connected well, wiggle it some to seat it properly.

Make sure the battery cables are connected properly and fuses in tact. If a shop changed the belt they may have a safety protocol of removing a battery cable or etc.

Make sure PTO switch is off, your parking brake is set, control bars in neutral, and your in the seat. Try it again. Report back, if you get nothing, not even a click.

The seat switch is not part of the starting circuit.
lap bars, parking brake & PTO switch are

turboawd

Threads
The seat switch is not part of the starting circuit.
lap bars, parking brake & PTO switch are

exactly. engine wont start if the switch for the blades is on.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert, I have a Husqvarna lawn tractor that the seat switch has to be plugged in for the engine to turn over. No one has to be on the seat just the plug has to be plugged in.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert, I have a Husqvarna lawn tractor that the seat switch has to be plugged in for the engine to turn over. No one has to be on the seat just the plug has to be plugged in.

That is to prevent the brain dead from disconecting the seat switch.
A lot of mowers will be like that shortly.
IT won't start without the switch being there but the switch itself is not part of the circuit.

Very shortly they will be putting chips in the hour meters and nothing will work if any of the safety switches are disconnected or bypassed.
They are already in a lot of skid steers down here alone with a piezo electric cell under the seat so only a "known weight" driver can drive the vehicle.
This stops kids pinching them from the side of the road on the weekend.
As the chips get cheaper expect to see them in mowers.

Mr. Mower

Threads
The deck belt was replaced and when I sat on the seat and turned the key nothing happened! It's probably some safety switch but can't figure it out! Any suggestions? Battery fully charged even though it is over 3 years old (Apr 2014)

Just my $0.02 here on this.....

By chance if the "deck clutch switch" (a.k.a. mower blade engage/dis-engage switch) is engaged the mower will not start.

If so dis-engage the "deck clutch switch" then give it a try and see what happens?

If the "deck clutch switch" in engaged (whether accidental or intentional) the mower will definitely not start until it is dis-engaged, you won't even hear a click, nothing.

RedneckPapaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to all for the replies! It just helps to talk a problem through with knowledgeable people. I replaced the 15 amp fuse, didn't help. Checked battery cables, didn't help. Made sure seat switch was good. Then I realized the safety brake switch was not being engaged when the lap bar was pushed outward!! Made the adjustment and she's up and running! Again, thanks for all the replies.