Introduction and my Craftsman 536.81470

DFoote

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an estate sale find in Dallas, TX! I play with vintage cars and bikes and in the past toyed with outboard motors but this last weekend I happened upon a Craftsman 536.81470. I don't know where to go to research this find...but I found this site.

My vintage Craftsman reel mower sports a Continental AC6 engine that will probably run with a little carb cleaning. I was unfamiliar with Continental engines in mowers. Information and advice welcome!

I'm doing this on my vintage smart on phone and I don't see any way to post a picture of my prize.

Don Foote
Dallas, TX

deck~dragger

Threads
Continental Motors, inc? If so, that is awesome to say the least. The company made engines for many applications, aircraft, farm tractors, watercraft, battle tanks etc. and 1 cyl small engines. Welcome to the forum and praying for Texas

DFoote

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I looked twice at that myself trying to find this on PartsDirect - it is 81470, I'm looking at a photo in my phone.

Thanks, Don

zman111666

Threads
Shucks I felt all helpful for a second there... :ashamed:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your find! :thumbsup:

I'm going to move this thread over to our Craftsman section.

DFoote

Forum Newbie
Threads
I created an album and loaded the three pics that were on my phone (as found condition from last weekend). I was afraid to take it by the car wash on the way home fearing the pressure might blow some paint off. All I've done so far is spray the drive chain with PB Blaster and hit it with some compressed air to blow some cobwebs away. Looks like the metal throttle cable broke at some point in the past and someone was mowing using a string for a throttle cable.:laughing: