Grasshopper 928D2 Vibration

C Team

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I recently had an idler pulley go bad on the left drive transmission on my 928D2. Since I had remove both belts, I decided to replace both pulleys and belts. In order to change out the belts, the driveshaft from the engine to the transmissions needed to be disconnected. I followed my owners manual to the T but now have a bad vibration at idle and at high RPM's.

I rechecked everything but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

Reubenjet

Threads
You may want to check the front and rear pillowblock bearings holding the driveshaft.

C Team

Forum Newbie
Threads
You may want to check the front and rear pillowblock bearings holding the driveshaft.

This driveshaft/coupler does not have pillowblocks like the PTO shaft.928d2_2005_drive_assembly.gif

I had to disconnect the belt end of item number 46 to remove and install the new belts.

Reubenjet

Threads
This driveshaft/coupler does not have pillowblocks like the PTO shaft.View attachment 34112

I had to disconnect the belt end of item number 46 to remove and install the new belts.

Okay. Check the two Flex Coupling Discs (#45) for cracks/damage and possibly the Roll Pin (#30) on the Sheave (#29). Did it have any vibration before you replaced the belts?

BWH

Threads
Hello,

I recently had an idler pulley go bad on the left drive transmission on my 928D2. Since I had remove both belts, I decided to replace both pulleys and belts. In order to change out the belts, the driveshaft from the engine to the transmissions needed to be disconnected. I followed my owners manual to the T but now have a bad vibration at idle and at high RPM's.

I rechecked everything but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

Was there any slop in the fiber flex disks? (larger holes than the bolts) If so just a slight misalignment at 3,600 RPM would definitely create vibration. I have had that shaft apart on both ends on three grasshoppers but never experienced any vibration when I put them back together.

C Team

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay. Check the two Flex Coupling Discs (#45) for cracks/damage and possibly the Roll Pin (#30) on the Sheave (#29). Did it have any vibration before you replaced the belts?

No vibration before replacing the belts. I only unbolted the one end of the flex coupler and no signs of any damage.

C Team

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was there any slop in the fiber flex disks? (larger holes than the bolts) If so just a slight misalignment at 3,600 RPM would definitely create vibration. I have had that shaft apart on both ends on three grasshoppers but never experienced any vibration when I put them back together.

No signs of slop in the fiber flex disk that I removed to change out the belts. I will take it apart and check again. I did noticed when bolting the shaft back up to the one end that it was not quite in alignment with the belt pulley.

173abn

Threads
sounds like you are on to something w/that pulley...russ