Scamp / Utility Decks

Vintage Mower Guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys,
New here. Just did an intro. How hard are the Scamp / Utility 4501-03 Decks to come by? Seems there are a decent amount of guys taking the motors and scrapping the rest? Just got a new place, and I’m borrowing my dad’s old 20” Hahn Eclipse and always loved how it performed. Been using it here and there since I was a kid. I noticed the Scamps are almost identical. Other than the bump out for the lawn boy exhaust on the motor mount. I’d like to find a nice deck from a Scamp, where is a good place to look? is the classifieds section here good? Or other online resources? Thanks! Jim

jp1961

Threads
Hi Jim,

I use Craigslist. Scamp / Utility mowers do pop up from time to time, but I found them to be quite rare. Being an older model and stamped steel, they tended to rust through.

Regards

Jeff

viperv10

Threads
Welcome aboard Jim,
There is a family that sells lawn boy parts and mowers on ebay. Their store on ebay goes by rdkndr, Their email address is 1950's@yahoo.com
Give them a shout. They might have a scamp mower or deck. They must have 200 plus lawn boys. That's where I would look first.
Good luck.
Jerry

viperv10

Threads
Hello again. I was just looking on ebay and came across this deck. It will take an F series engine, but it doesn't have a muffler plate and you would need one.
It is in New Jersey and the shipping would be too pricey for me but you could take a look. Just type in the below description and it will pop up.

VINTAGE LAWNBOY MOWER DECK. WITH WHEELS. GOOD CONDITION.

Jerry

Vintage Mower Guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! I saw that one. Looks like it had been re-drilled for the motor? But the shipping was too much for me as well. Don't have time to run up there. Thanks for the lead. Jim