Help! headlight bulbs 1987 LGT 14D

Billy Bee

Forum Newbie
Threads
My friend and I each have LGT 14 D Fords, we are striking out trying to find headlight bulbs. He ordered one from Messicks, wrong one. Checked with local New Holland dealer, couldn't come up with the right one. I ordered two from an online source, the picture looked right, the voltage and wattage were right, fit right in the socket, but it has two contact spots on the base ( high low beam? ) my light only has one contact on the base. These bulbs have a flange with three tabs and a small half moon cutout on the flange, 12 V 35 watt. These are Shibaura built machines. Please help find a source.
Thanks,
Bill

Pumper54

Threads
Can you post a picture of both bulb and socket so we can see what you are talking about? Are they like automotive head lights or smaller ones. I think the headlights on my Murray and Cub Cadets are 1156 bulbs like I use on my motorcycle turn signals. Not much good as headlights.

This what you are talking about?: http://www.messicks.com/part/529068/12v-bulb

Looks to be a standard 1156 to me.

Tom

Billy Bee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know how to load pictures, but I pulled one out. It has stamped in it Stanley 12V25W Japan SN. No other numbers on it. Single filament. Flange is much bigger than 1156. Found some that fit older Suzuki Quadrunner where the flange is identical, but 2 filaments and 2 contacts on the bottom. That's what I ordered the other day, didn't notice the 2 contacts, but it fit the socket perfectly.
Thanks,
Bill

Pumper54

Threads
To post a picture the way I do it is when you open the "Reply to thread" window look on the middle row of icons above the blank area and look for the "Inert Image" icon. Click on it and it will ask if you want to load an image From Computer or URL, I load from my computer so just follow the directions. It really is not that hard. If you can post pics of the bad bulbs, the ones you have and the socket. Good luck
Tom