ZT 3400 Hydrogear Longevity

Mowerstevo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums, and finally got an account here. Lots of useful information and experienced people. So one of the major things I have been looking for is people with these ZT3400 hydrogear systems and how long some people have gotten them to last. I currently have a Husqvarna MZT 52 mower. Great mower, love the hydrogear system. The only thing I can say negative about the mower is the blades it takes. I hated them so much I custom made high lifts. Took some high lift scag blades and milled the center hole. Now the discharge is amazing and the cut quality and striping is superb. I don't get those stragglers anymore. Thats another story though, my main question here is how many hours have people put on these hydrogear ZT3400 transmission or even the 5400. I currently have 500 on mine with no issues and still going strong. I got a couple guys I know interested in buying mowers with these systems and were curious on how long they last.

-Steve

calebjcannon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums, and finally got an account here. Lots of useful information and experienced people. So one of the major things I have been looking for is people with these ZT3400 hydrogear systems and how long some people have gotten them to last. I currently have a Husqvarna MZT 52 mower. Great mower, love the hydrogear system. The only thing I can say negative about the mower is the blades it takes. I hated them so much I custom made high lifts. Took some high lift scag blades and milled the center hole. Now the discharge is amazing and the cut quality and striping is superb. I don't get those stragglers anymore. Thats another story though, my main question here is how many hours have people put on these hydrogear ZT3400 transmission or even the 5400. I currently have 500 on mine with no issues and still going strong. I got a couple guys I know interested in buying mowers with these systems and were curious on how long they last.

-Steve

My MZT-52 is also around 500 with no Hydro issues.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can not speak to the 3400's but the EZT's I had on my Husqvarna had about 1500 hours when sold the mower, with no problems. Someone else on here got over 2000 hours on 4 different mowers with EZT's

SidecarFlip

Threads
Timely service is always key with any hydrostat.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've only got 300 hours on my 3400 trans with no issues so I don't think that helps. But I wanted to say that I am very impressed with how smoothly the hydros operate on my Bob-Cat. Much smoother than the pump and wheel motor combo on my Exmark.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've only got 300 hours on my 3400 trans with no issues so I don't think that helps. But I wanted to say that I am very impressed with how smoothly the hydros operate on my Bob-Cat. Much smoother than the pump and wheel motor combo on my Exmark.

Guess that makes YOU, "A Smooth-Operator" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

John Fitzgerald

Threads
The 3400 is supposedly commercial grade. My Hustler Fastrak has 3100s on it, which is a step down from 3400s.