Lawnboy for sale

JayTee

Threads
I like my 7351 and have started keeping my eye out for another similar mower. May have found one at a local junk store. He had multiple mowers, two Lawn Boys, one I'm interested. It's a 10401, 2-Cycle. The poor mower is filthy, has some compression, no idea if it runs. Saw it on my way home from work this morning. Thinking about calling tomorrow and stopping by Tuesday on my way home from work to see what he wants for it.

20170903_071157.jpg

There's a LOT of carbon looking crud on the back deck. Sign of a lazy owner or some other problem?

20170903_071228.jpg

Maybe he'll take my old 3HP Seak King Outboard for a drive.

John

Lawnboy77

Threads
The 10401 is a nice little F series mower. I'm not real fond of the plastic carb on those, but other than that it's a great little mower. I have one that I inherited from my father and I ended up replacing the plastic carb with a metal Walbro and now it's basically a model 10400. Those plastic carbs tend to warp at the mounting flange and cause air leaks which in turn will cause a lean surge. The black grime on the deck could indicate a lower seal leak, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that, seals are easy to replace on those pushers.

JayTee

Threads
He's looking to get $50 for the mower . . . maybe he'll bargain. <grin>

Which Walbro Carb did you put on it?

John

Lawnboy77

Threads
I think it was an LMR-10. A choke only, no primer carb. The same one that is on my 10420 and 680543. If you get it and want to convert to the metal Walbro just use the earlier version of that mower, which is the 10400 for parts required. It will be the carb, air box, heat shield and throttle cable from the donor mower.