Help/Advice Please. Husqvarna Lc221Rh new mower problems

Brads

Threads
  • / Help/Advice Please. Husqvarna Lc221Rh new mower problems
Hey all, bought a Husqvarna Lc221Rh with Hondo 160 engine from Lowe's about 6 weeks ago and am having some what I think are major issues with it.

1. Occasionally backfires(???) when you shut it off and won't re-start for a while. Choke stuck shut from back fire I think.
2. Right drive control handle doesn't seem to fully engage the drive. Pull on left handle, it's good.
3. Grass bag hard to hang on mower. Hooks the grass bag hangs on seem a little too far apart.
4. The rear deflector rests on top of the bag and has rubbed a hole in it already. In 6 weeks!?!

Really love the way it mows my lawn but wonder if I got a lemon? Should I take it back and get another one or just steer clear of the Lc221Rh ? Upgrade to the 4wd model? Are they all going to be this way?

What you think?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Only 6 weeks old..?? I would think it's under warranty, ???

Brads

Threads

Yeah, it's still under warranty but with all the problems I'm wondering if it's worth keeping. Not this mower for sure, it's going back. But do I get it replaced with the same one or change to something else. That's the question.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We don't get many Husky walk behinds down here, for good reason.Never seen one I would bother to pull the starter rope on.
Perhaps there are better ones in the USA.
You bought the 2nd best mower engine so get the best mower to go underneath it.
Honda seem to be the only mower company that actually knows what customer service is.

Brads

Threads
We don't get many Husky walk behinds down here, for good reason.Never seen one I would bother to pull the starter rope on.
Perhaps there are better ones in the USA.

Apparently not. :mad:

You bought the 2nd best mower engine so get the best mower to go underneath it.
Honda seem to be the only mower company that actually knows what customer service is.

I did just that. Took it back for complete refund. Hooray! :cool2: Bought a Honda HRR216K9VKA 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower with Auto Choke. So far it's 10 times the mower.

Brads

Threads

I was wrong, it was only 5 weeks old. :confused2: I'd had enough though and took it back and got a Honda.
Thanks. :smile: