Lawn Boy Supreme

sk734

Threads
I going to look at a Lawn Boy Supreme in good condition self propelled. Built prior to 81. Stop switch on large green plastic shroud. What would be a fair price and what problems should I look at?
Thanks
Steve

Lawnboy77

Threads
Built prior to 1981? I'm not seeing any in the Supreme category prior 1981, that doesn't mean you aren't right though. Could you give more info? What about a pic?

sk734

Threads
Sorry I am setting up a new phone
Try to upload a picture later.
Thanks

sk734

Threads
Looks like this one only self propelled
42690.jpg
Thanks

Lawnboy77

Threads
Okay that's a nice one. The SP version of that one is probably going to be like a model 8237, made from 1978 to 1983. Those are really good F series cast aluminum deck mowers, very popular indeed. If it's in good running condition and was very well cared for I would think it could very easily be worth 150. The usual things to look for would be cracks or holes in the deck, bent crankshaft, and excess side and end play of the crankshaft (kinda common on a high time engine) fuel leaks around the tank/shroud. Good luck on that one, I have 3 F series mowers and I really like them a lot. By far the strongest running true Lawnboy (OMC) engine. The later engines like the V and the E series were really Toro products.

sk734

Threads
Okay that's a nice one. The SP version of that one is probably going to be like a model 8237, made from 1978 to 1983. Those are really good F series cast aluminum deck mowers, very popular indeed. If it's in good running condition and was very well cared for I would think it could very easily be worth 150. The usual things to look for would be cracks or holes in the deck, bent crankshaft, and excess side and end play of the crankshaft (kinda common on a high time engine) fuel leaks around the tank/shroud. Good luck on that one, I have 3 F series mowers and I really like them a lot. By far the strongest running true Lawnboy (OMC) engine. The later engines like the V and the E series were really Toro products.

Thank you for great information!!

sk734

Threads
I have one more question
Is it hard to find replacement parts for these models?
Thanks

Lawnboy77

Threads
Good question! Considering the age of these mowers I'd say that parts availability is fairly good. If you just scan the parts catalogue for the model 8237 it probably shows 50% or so no longer available, but with ebay and other sources you can still get just about any part you might need for that model.