FD EFI liquid cooled series question.

daryng

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I can't find a good image anywhere of the front of the engine that shows if there is enough room under the radiator for a stub shaft to mount, or if there is enough clearance to mount a pulley on the shaft. I'm repowering a mower that needs a the front shaft to drive the pumps. I'm replacing a worn kawasaki that has the stub shaft, I just hate to blindly purchase an EFI FD series without knowledge of it being able to physically drive the pumps. I know this series of engine is used on some models of Scags, but don't know how the pump and PTO is setup on Scags, so..... I just don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would love to give you the information you're looking for but you have failed to mention what motor you want.

daryng

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at the FD851 DFI. I also see that I referred to the FD series as EFI, when I know that they are not a true EFI (no feedback sensors).... Any help would be great. I'm repowering a JD 757 which I picked up for next to nothing. These were known to be solid mowers, so if I dump some change into it I'll still be ahead of the game.