Engine Starter problems?

ryarb1758

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently put a new deck, mandrels, blade engaging cable and ignition switch on my lawn tractor, but it will not turn over with turning the switch. It seems as if there is no connection what so ever, brand new switch all connections seem to be in place. If I touch post on seleniod engine turns over and has fire but will not start, also will not get any type of connection from turning the key. Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have one of two problems. Either one of you three safety switches ( PTO, brake, seat ) is out of adjustment or you may have the wrong key switch. First thing I would be checking is the key switch. It may look like the correct one, but you must check all the terminals on the back of the switch. Pull out both switches and carefully look to see that each terminal is labeled the same. You should see a letter either on the terminal or stamped next to the terminal. Couple of questions, why did you replace the switch, did the unit run before you started working on it, what is the model and serial numbers of the unit? You need to provide us with more info, before we can advice you further.