Mower is bogging down

BassFisherman69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Bobcat - Textron Zero turn mower with a Kawasaki FH680V 23.0 engine, I can start the mower up sitting on the drive way and it starts up fine. When I engage the blades it takes 1 or 2 seconds to get up to full rpms sound good, but when I go to the yard to cut the grass, not to heavy or short, just needs to be cut, the mower wants to bog down with any height of grass. I checked the air filter and it looks good and the belts look all right to me. Just wondering what could be causing this?

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like something is giving up the ghost, and may manifest itself by more drastic symptoms soon...
Possibly a tight spindle bearing or idler wheel ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
By bogging down, do you mean 8 stroking -like the choke is still on- or running lean -like you are running out of fuel. ?

BassFisherman69

Forum Newbie
Threads
By bogging down, do you mean 8 stroking -like the choke is still on- or running lean -like you are running out of fuel. ?

Yes it is bogging down like it is running lean on fuel, as soon as I shut the blades of the engine resumes normal rpms.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you engage the blades, the engine slows down, the governor relaxes and the throttle opens up wide massively increasing the air flow into your engine.
If the fuel level in the float chamber is low or the fuel supply is restricted or the main jet is partially clogged or you have a major air leak between the main jet and the engine.
So your problem is there, somewhere.
Start with a good carb clean
Start here for cleaning instructions http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/#id_general.
You might find your carb in the Briggs section.
A new fuel filter never hurt any engine and if you have run some crook fuel trough it some new fuel lines won't make it run worse either.