mowers Hard to start

Thibault

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a 15.5 hp briggs that i swapped onto my mower, its very hard to start just keeps poping out of carb and exhaust then after a bunch of cranks it will run no problem. not sure whats causing this the engine ran fine before i swapped over i believe i have all the wiring correct. has strong spark good compression seems to be getting fuel good. to my knowledge the valves have never been adjusted

Thibault

Forum Newbie
Threads
alright ill try adjusting them just need to find the valve specs.

Tinkerer200

Threads
For correct valve clearance and detailed procedure for setting them, contact me at address below, put in proper format and remind me model number and what you want. Note that .005" is the upper end for Intake valve which is the valve involved in compression release and puts it too close to rendering compression release inoperable. I think you may have other problems but try setting valves first.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

Thibault

Forum Newbie
Threads
Adjusting valves did not work, Thibault is my last name i live in Ontario i dont speak french

Threads
You say it has good strong spark....... Is that a new plug you put on there ??

I was thinking wrong wiring. Do you have the anti backfire solenoid on the bottom of the carb ??

Yea I knew it was your last name Bunch of Thibeaux's down here in South Louisiana...... We pronounce it Tee Bow.....

Thibault

Forum Newbie
Threads
You say it has good strong spark....... Is that a new plug you put on there ??

I was thinking wrong wiring. Do you have the anti backfire solenoid on the bottom of the carb ??

Yea I knew it was your last name Bunch of Thibeaux's down here in South Louisiana...... We pronounce it Tee Bow.....

No it's not a new plug I will probably change it next it does have strong spark. I have also gone through the carb twice it's clean fuel filter is also clean, I bypassed the anti backfire solenoid put a fuel shut off on and deleted all the safety switches it's just the basic wiring. I have noticed the battery does not charge i tested to see if it's charging and it doesnt I don't think that would effect how it starts though I use a booster pack. Yes my name's also pronounced Tbow.