Throttle up problems on Scag

KyGolfer

Threads
I have a Scag SMWC-61A with a Command Pro 27 Kohler engine. Recently, when I first start it up, after pulling choke back, the engine will not throttle up to full power. It stays like this for a minute or 2, then all of a sudden, it kicks up to full power. At 1st I thought it may be a fuel pump. This Scag has 2, one on each side under each gas tank. But when I change tanks, it still does it at start up. Changed fuel filter. Not solution. Do I have a carburetor choke problem? Anyone have any suggestions?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
All the Kohlers I have delt with like to be started at 3/4 throttle and full choke. How are you setting your?

KyGolfer

Threads
All the Kohlers I have delt with like to be started at 3/4 throttle and full choke. How are you setting your?

Yep, that's about the way I start it. This doesn't happen all the time. Just every now and then. I'm thinking that maybe some carburetor cleaner around linkage may help? Is there something electrical that could be going out that I'm not thinking of? Thanks

KyGolfer

Threads
BlazNT, Thanks for your input. I consider myself a novice at repairing mowers. Don't think I want to attempt to tear down a carburetor. Am I looking at replacing the carburetor if this continues and gets worse? Would trying the cleaner 1st, be worth a try? Thanks again