where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel

Fatdaddy

Threads
Ok found a man to rebuild it.. its going to cost me $3,000 but better than buying a new one id say20170929_095036 (4).jpg

Fatdaddy

Threads
It cost me $3,200 to do a complete rebuild EVERYTHING is new..

Ozark5179

Forum Newbie
Threads
For $3,200 rebuild, specifically what did he do? What was replaced? What was adjusted? What is the cost of a new engine?

delawnman

Forum Newbie
Threads
you need to check your fuel shutoff valve, it's an electrically controlled plunger valve. If it's stuck in the off position the engine will not start. Living in Tennessee in May you likely should not need glow plugs to get it to start. Check the fuses first with a test light, then look at the fuel shutoff valve. I bet your problem starts there.

bob393

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ha, I'm still stuck on the title, spark plugs on a diesel, that's priceless.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Find the distributor cap and follow the wire to the plug.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Believe it or not, there are diesel engines which have spark plugs. Not glow plugs, spark plugs.

Starts on gas, switches to diesel when warmed up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIfjFQoj3F0

Farmall did that on tractors years ago. I ran one for a guy back many years ago that was that way. We used it to feed cows in the winter time when it was real cold. You would go into the shed and start it on gas and then go sit in the truck where the heater was and let it run till it warmed up. Then you went back and switched it to diesel. It would smoke incredibly. When it finally started running on diesel you could then go back and sit in the pickup a few more minutes and wait . After it started and warmed on diesel for a few minutes though then it would run good. It was strong and reliable.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
For $3,200 rebuild, specifically what did he do? What was replaced? What was adjusted? What is the cost of a new engine?

We bought a 37 hp Kubota tractor that had just had a new engine put in it from the factory and that was $7K.

I used to run a ZD326 before I switched to Scags and mine was about to go out of warranty with 800 hours on it. I got to thinking how much it would cost to fix the engine if it had catastrophic engine failure and that was another determining factor on me going back to gas engines. You can buy a complete gas engine new for a good bit less than you can rebuild one of those diesels. The gas engine will wear the rest of the mower out. If you don't have anything catastrophic go wrong with it the engine will wear out three mowers and still be running. For me that just does not make sense to spend that much money on a diesel for a lawn mower.

SidecarFlip

Threads
  • / where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel
I've never pre heated any of my 3 Kubota tractors, no matter how cold it is. They all always start in less than 5 seconds of cranking. Hardest starting one is the 135X.