where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel

Fatdaddy

Threads
Dumb question im sure.. I was looking to change my plugs, i looked and dont see plugs..
Now i see the 3 looks like plugs on the top. i see nuts with wires but dont look like plugs is that the plugs?
the don't look like plugs..
if somebody will teach me something id sure appreciate it

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Spark plugs on diesels are under the discombobulator valves. Look hard.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Diesels don't have spark plugs, but they do have glow plugs( are the things with the wires attached by the nuts) to preheat the cylinders for easier starting. the other things with metal lines would be injections to inject the fuel and the correct time for combustion.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Diesels don't have spark plugs, but they do have glow plugs( are the things with the wires attached by the nuts) to preheat the cylinders for easier starting. the other things with metal lines would be injections to inject the fuel and the correct time for combustion.

i did see the glo plugs in the book.
mine will not start it turns over fine, i check the fuel its pumping out of the filter.
I thought maybe i need to change the plugs
I did see you can put a meter on that to see if its good.
I live so far from town just trying to get it going myself.
so glow plugs need changing as well i take it?
do they go bad or keep it from starting?

Thank you for the reply to help me Im not the sharpest knife drawer at 70 but i do learn from things on here.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glow plugs do burn out over time and need replaced. I would start by using a volt meter to make sure you are getting voltage to the glow plugs during the preheat cycle. . If that works out you can then disconnect the wires on the top and check the resistance of the plug to see if they are still good or not.

helomech

Threads
Should not need glow plugs unless the weather is cold.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Glow plugs do burn out over time and need replaced. I would start by using a volt meter to make sure you are getting voltage to the glow plugs during the preheat cycle. . If that works out you can then disconnect the wires on the top and check the resistance of the plug to see if they are still good or not.

so when you got bad glow plugs the mower will NOT START??

helomech

Threads
so when you got bad glow plugs the mower will NOT START??

Don't need glow plugs all the time. If you have compression and fuel, a diesel will start. Glow plugs just shorten the cranking time of the engine.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Gosh I was hopeing that's why it would not start..
where do i go next to why it will not start, it cranks and about starts a few times.
i checked the fuel fiiter and fuel is coming out to the engine.
I even checked all the fuses.. what it did was getting hot on me i did not notice and I was away from the shop/water and heading back it died on me..

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take us through the steps you follow to start this diesel.

For instance, on my Kubota, it's:

1. Hi-low transmission in neutral, PTO disengaged, clutch depressed.

2. Manual fuel shut-off knob 'in' (the 'run' position).

3. Pre-heat by turning ignition switch to the left for the prescribed number of seconds. This time of year, that number is zero.

4. Crank engine by turning ignition key to the right.

Glow plug(s) could all be burned out and it would still start.

You don't have to do anything with the throttle because when the engine was shut off, the governor pulled the injection pump 'rack' to it's full-throttle position as the engine slowed to a stop. That's why diesels have a surge when they start.

Question:
How did you determine that 'fuel is pumping out of the filter?'