where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel

Fatdaddy

Threads
helomech what is failure of the glow plug relay?

cpurvis i disconnected the hose off the filter turned on the key and fuel came out toward the engine...

helomech

Threads
Unless you are in very cold conditions it is not the glow plugs. I never use mine glow plug position unless it is freezing out. I am willing to bet you have air in your fuel. By this post my advice is get someone to fix it for you.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
cpurvis i disconnected the hose off the filter turned on the key and fuel came out toward the engine...

In doing that, you let air get in the fuel system. You are going to have to bleed that air out. Check your manual for the procedure.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you loosen the fuel lines to check the fuel at the filters you got air into the system. I don't know about your engine but I have worked on many diesels and some of them are harder to bleed the air out of the system then others. Many of them have a hand pump to bleed the air out of the system. If worst comes of it, you will have to bleed each one of the injectors. You were told how to test the glow plugs in a earlier post and that a diesel doesn't have spark plugs. Just a caution about diesel fuel injectors or fuel lines, never hold any part of your body like a finger over any exit of these parts because they are under very high pressure and will inject fuel into your body.

Fatdaddy

Threads
for what it worth if means anything when i start it has dark gray smoke ever time it hits..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is unburned deisel fuel.
Usually this is caused by a bad injector pumping in too much fuel or the tip squirting fuel in like out of water pistol rather than misting it in.
At start up, it can also be caused by bad glow plugs not igniting the fuel properly.
Diesels need fine sprayed fuel and heat to vapourise the heavy fuel so it can burn.
Once it has been running for a minute or two it has enough heat to do this all by itself.
When cold it needs help to ignite the fuel and this is via the glow plugs.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
But by 'cold', you don't mean Tennessee in the summer. That engine is not turbocharged and probably has a compression ratio in the low to mid 20's. That generates plenty of heat to light the fuel in the summer.

Fatdaddy

Threads
my bud came over this morning and we checked the injectors for fuel coming in and there was fuel coming in./
put a meter on all glow plugs and they were working...

Now how do you get it to free wheel. I looked in the manual did not find it.
my xmark had 2 levers I turned.. i looked under the seat..
so i pulled it up to the house with my 4 wheeler and pushed it on my tilt trailer..

afraid i got a cylinder gone bad or so my bud said. it tries to start..
I hate the Kubota place that guy is a crook or seems to be..
a fellow told me John Deer will fix it so I took i there, he tells me we don't work on Orange Paint engines..
but we will look it over see whats wrong with it for you..

So that is where Im at on this

Fatdaddy

Threads
  • / where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel
i have to have a new engine or buy a new one.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel
I guess I overlooked the part where you said it overheated and you kept running it until it died.

Expensive lesson on overheating.