Facts -
I'm the original owner
Delivered June 2nd, 2013
2013 Magnum 2460 w/added OCDC
Cost - $6200
137.2 Hours
Serviced routinely by owner
Formal service by dealer at 100 hours
Used on mostly flat acreage once per week during summer months cutting ~ 2 1/2 acres - used about 30+ hours a year
Some level of bumps and machine bouncing on roots near trees but not a bumper car ride
Frame broke this past weekend - Left side drooping onto tire...lost most control with the left drive and control arm
Trailered to dealer who found the frame is broken - cross member? Will replace part under warranty, labor is mine to pay.

Very disappointed!!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bummer to hear that.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sounds very fair to me. You have a four year old mower. I don't know what the warranty is on your mower but if it is pass time it sounds to me like the dealer is helping you out. Its the manufacture that pays the dealer for warranty work and not the dealers fault if the manufacture only pays for the part and not labor. I have worked for dealers in the pass and if it was out of warranty the owner paid the bill, end of story. The mechanic doing the job needs his pay check just like everybody else that works for a living.

Firstpoet

Forum Newbie
Threads
It sounds very fair to me. You have a four year old mower. I don't know what the warranty is on your mower but if it is pass time it sounds to me like the dealer is helping you out. Its the manufacture that pays the dealer for warranty work and not the dealers fault if the manufacture only pays for the part and not labor. I have worked for dealers in the pass and if it was out of warranty the owner paid the bill, end of story. The mechanic doing the job needs his pay check just like everybody else that works for a living.

I appreciate that the dealer is helping. The Dixie has a LIFETIME warranty on the frame. I'm not upset that I have to pay the dealer for the labor - we all deserve to be paid for our work. I'm disappointed that a $6K mower which is barely broke in cracked it's frame...none-the-less, I appreciate your comment and reading my post!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Exactly what "frame" are you referring to ? Do you mean the cross-brace between the wheel motors /pumps ?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I appreciate that the dealer is helping. The Dixie has a LIFETIME warranty on the frame. I'm not upset that I have to pay the dealer for the labor - we all deserve to be paid for our work. I'm disappointed that a $6K mower which is barely broke in cracked it's frame...none-the-less, I appreciate your comment and reading my post!

If its a lifetime warranty I can understand your disappointment. The only thing you can do is see that the manufacture has to say seeing they are paying for the repair.

Firstpoet

Forum Newbie
Threads
Exactly what "frame" are you referring to ? Do you mean the cross-brace between the wheel motors /pumps ?

Yes - picked it up today and it was the cross brace which broke right at a bend up where it then mounted. Looking at the break it appears that it started in the past and got worse over time, areas in the crack were rusted, then a part of it was weathered but not rusted, and then still further area was shiny showing the final failure...so it was either a stress riser inherent in the metal from the bend, or perhaps a crack from the factory that over time gave way...

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are others here that had similar things happen to theirs. But I believe different brand machine.

That cross-brace bracket is only held on by 4 bolts, (on mine at least). I think the others said their model had a beefier replacement bracket available.