John Deere X300 Series Questions

SpudDaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can someone help understand the tangible benefits between the X350 and the X370 series mowers? I understand the X370 has a better transmission, has hydraulic lift and power steering. The X370 is also $800 more. Is the power steering really that much better? I assumer the better transmission allows me to haul heavier loads behind the tractor but still no garden attachments? Will the better transmission help with snow removal (pushing with a snow blade)?

Also reading through the forums it looks like John Deere put the X300 series on sale early 2017 (January?) with $500 off. Does John Deere normally run this type of promotion during the winter months - when do the best promotions normally start?

I am using this tractor on moderately steep hills, mowing in between fruit trees on a 5 acre lot with roughly 2.5 acres clear. Will be using the mower to push snow. Any advice on the pros to the X370 and when and how to get the best deal from John Deere would be greatly appreciated. One last question - if I buy a used mower is the warranty transferable from the prior owner?