2 Cycle oil / gas

WyrTwister

Threads
What have you all seen happen if oil / gas is accidentally used in your standard flat head economy B&S lawn mower ?

Thanks , :)
Wyr
God bless

Threads
If it's not a whole lot you will be OK. Some people put left over 2 cycle mix in their mowers.

The worst thing that can happen is a black spark plug..........

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Best thing that happens is all the parts that do not get lubricated get some well needed oil. I run all my old 2 cycle oil and gas through my mower at the end of the season before I put them up for the year.

When I get an old mower for fixing one of the first things I do is drain gas and replace with 2 cycle gas oil mix. Then remove spark plug and turn it over. Wait till next day and start work. I like everything all oiled before I start.

Mike88se

Threads
If it's not a whole lot you will be OK. Some people put left over 2 cycle mix in their mowers.

The worst thing that can happen is a black spark plug..........

Best thing that happens is all the parts that do not get lubricated get some well needed oil. I run all my old 2 cycle oil and gas through my mower at the end of the season before I put them up for the year.

When I get an old mower for fixing one of the first things I do is drain gas and replace with 2 cycle gas oil mix. Then remove spark plug and turn it over. Wait till next day and start work. I like everything all oiled before I start.

Something I suspected but good to hear from more knowledgable people.

Icutmetl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ran the 32:1 mix of Klotz Super Techniplate and Cam2 100oct fuel that I used in my Honda 250r 4-wheeler in my Honda GCV160 powered push mower for almost two summers a few years ago, just so I could keep one common can. It drank it up just fine; no funky running issues, but it did smell better!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I dump my leftover 2 stroke weedwhacker mix into my Inteks with no bad results (typically less than a pint). I also think it's probably a good "top end" lube . But only if I am regularly using the machine; not for long inactive periods, even with Sta-Bil . No problems.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
short term no problem.. Long term like as a practice, then excessive carbon builds up everywhere - rings, pistons, valves etc. If you have a late model engine with a catalytic convertor some oils have chemicals in them that kill the catalytic. Since they don't smog lawn equipment yet the only consequences of that would be a dead catalytic. But if you burned enough detergent oil to make the engine smoke heavily then it would wash carbon from the rings and drive your neighbors nuts.

Fragger

Threads
Ditto on what everyone said i would say the worst that can happen is you get a foulded plug:thumbdown:QUOTE=sgkent;279140]short term no problem.. Long term like as a practice, then excessive carbon builds up everywhere - rings, pistons, valves etc. If you have a late model engine with a catalytic convertor some oils have chemicals in them that kill the catalytic. Since they don't smog lawn equipment yet the only consequences of that would be a dead catalytic. But if you burned enough detergent oil to make the engine smoke heavily then it would wash carbon from the rings and drive your neighbors nuts.[/QUOTE]