My 120 has transmission broblems

Ron6

Forum Newbie
Threads
My L120 started making loud metal grinding noises from the transmission. I took the transmission apart and seen that the gears were wore out,so I ordered a new gear kit.I cleaned out the tranny,and only had metal shavings on the gear side,put new gears in and new synthetic oil 5w-40w.I then installed in my 120.When I tried too get it too move jacked up with wheelers off axel would not turn,then read on line I had too purge the air out.after following purging instructions it would turn axels but when I grabbed axel it stopes.I tried several different times and ways on purging, but still can't it too move under pressure.talked to tuff torq about my k46 problem, after purging it he said I need to replace the pump and moter,but it moved fine before new gear kit.Does anyone have any suggestions

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
First, let us start with the fact that you need 20w 50 motor oil.

Cliff Ford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ive had an issue in the past with the swash plates not staying in place during case reassembly. If the plate is not set in its groove that could be where you are loosing oil pressure, either on the pump side or the motor side. Just a reminder to all do not use ATF it will soften the seals in a tranny not designed for that oil.