Need help with Echo SRM 225

Threads
Found a 225 at a flea market. Wasn't in a usuable state. Didn't have a spark plug,no head,covered in oil,spark arrestor full of carbon,no air filter and cover and he didn't know what was wrong with it. I offered him 30 bucks and he said deal.

The problems and what I've done
(Using TruFuel 50:1)

1.Bought spark plug and it sputtered for a half second then just dies...I describe it as the sputter before you go to choke 2 on a trimmer and start it again.

2. Changed fuel lines. Ran a second longer but still died.

3.Took carb apart and cleaned it with carb cleaner and replaced all gaskets and the floater.

After cleaning the carb I can get it to stay running with the choke lever up, and am able to barely move it unlike before and keep it running. Of course it dies when I pull lever down

Also,even with the new kit I am seeing air in my yellow fuel line. And to keep it running I have to turn it to one side basically pointing the gas cap down to keep it running. The lines and primer bulb are new so that one has me confused.

What steps should I try next?

Thanks for any and all help

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Recheck whats in the list

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 13

Honda Tech

Threads
Found a 225 at a flea market. Wasn't in a usuable state. Didn't have a spark plug,no head,covered in oil,spark arrestor full of carbon,no air filter and cover and he didn't know what was wrong with it. I offered him 30 bucks and he said deal.

The problems and what I've done
(Using TruFuel 50:1)

1.Bought spark plug and it sputtered for a half second then just dies...I describe it as the sputter before you go to choke 2 on a trimmer and start it again.

2. Changed fuel lines. Ran a second longer but still died.

3.Took carb apart and cleaned it with carb cleaner and replaced all gaskets and the floater.

After cleaning the carb I can get it to stay running with the choke lever up, and am able to barely move it unlike before and keep it running. Of course it dies when I pull lever down

Also,even with the new kit I am seeing air in my yellow fuel line. And to keep it running I have to turn it to one side basically pointing the gas cap down to keep it running. The lines and primer bulb are new so that one has me confused.

What steps should I try next?

Thanks for any and all help

Sounds like the fuel pick-up hose and the return hose are backwards. Try switching them. When you push on the purge bulb, fuel should be returning to the tank through the yellow hose.

Threads
Sounds like the fuel pick-up hose and the return hose are backwards. Try switching them. When you push on the purge bulb, fuel should be returning to the tank through the yellow hose.

Just gave that a shot aand primer bulb doesn't fill. Definitely had them backwards. Before the fuel would sucked thru the ylllow into the bulb.Ordered a new carb kit and it will be here tomorrow. Will update my results.

Thanks y'all.

Threads
Put new carb on and it primed just fine
Fired up and ran second pull.

Don't know what's going on with the other carb but it had air in the yellow line.

Going to install the speed feed head and put it thru hell tomorrow when I volunteer

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well done, and thank you for the feedback.

Threads
3 hours use and my only issue is when I get to half a tank I can't turn it side ways to edge. I'm right handed. Will running if I keep it trigger down at 6 o clock. But turning trigger to 3 o clock to edge it dies.

Very impressed with this so far. I don't burn my elbow like i did with the husky 128ld I returned

helomech

Threads
3 hours use and my only issue is when I get to half a tank I can't turn it side ways to edge. I'm right handed. Will running if I keep it trigger down at 6 o clock. But turning trigger to 3 o clock to edge it dies.

Very impressed with this so far. I don't burn my elbow like i did with the husky 128ld I returned

The fuel pickup line is not free to move, or the weight came off the end.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There should be a fuel filter on the end of the line in the tank. If it not on that is the reason that you have problems getting the fuel tank to pull empty. It acts as a weight to hold the line on the bottom of the tank. Hope that helps.

Threads
It has the filter on it. Not moving apparently. Might just add a nut or two to add weight.