belt issue

tinatina

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi! I am new to this site and I am looking for some input as to why my engine to deck belt won't tighten enough in order to engage the blades consistently on my Dixie Chopper LT2700 60" cut. I recently broke that particular belt while "pushing" my mower to hard through some "to tall" grass lol It was a "Blonde " moment that i have regretted lol Any ideas
I have messed with he tensioner spring in attempts to take the little bit of slp out of the belt to no avail. I'm wondering if my problem is due to a wrapped belt instead of a cut belt?

Bwells

Threads
Hello Tina. No one has replied so I'll give it a shot. I don't have the mower you describe but I had the same issue with blades not turning. I figured the belt had stretched but a member on this forum informed that belts don't stretch, they wear and sit lower in the V grove making them appear to have stretchered. My problem turned out to be a weak spring on the engagement cable. It was the last thing I would have guessed. hopefully someone has some better ideas for you. Good luck to you.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bwells, great answer. Also, belt routing can be the issue. I would recheck the routing first then go to spring. Another issue could be the pulley could have opened up too much to allow good contact.