REPAIR & PARTS MANUALS BECOMING SCARCE

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anybody else noticed that the manuals for OLDER machines are getting harder to find ?? About 5 years ago I had a list of about 25 or 30 sources of information on various mowers, and it seems they are gone or no longer available. ..:rolleyes:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also noticed it is getting harder to find information on the older units. Heck sometimes finding information on new units isn't much better. I have to download pdf parts list for poulan mowers that were turned sideways, and in french, because they came from a Canadian site where the mower was supposed to be sold, but ended up in my local Menards. I have even had to call Husqvarna tech support to get parts list for poulan push mowers that had been sold at Walmart for 6 months, and they had to go pull the paper build sheet to find the part number, because they hadn't produced a diagram for the dealer network.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also noticed it is getting harder to find information on the older units. Heck sometimes finding information on new units isn't much better. I have to download pdf parts list for poulan mowers that were turned sideways, and in french, because they came from a Canadian site where the mower was supposed to be sold, but ended up in my local Menards. I have even had to call Husqvarna tech support to get parts list for poulan push mowers that had been sold at Walmart for 6 months, and they had to go pull the paper build sheet to find the part number, because they hadn't produced a diagram for the dealer network.

What irritates me most, is somewhere out there, is there has to be someone, someplace, that "rat-holed" all these old manuals , an old mom & pop place, or a business that's been around 20 or more years, I wish I knew who & where. I used to save all kinds of manuals, literature and such, but when we moved to our new home ... well, the wife talked me into un-loading it , ....MISTAKE !!!