Keeps Stalling while cutting

spirittoo

Threads
What is happening is the tractor will stall while cutting. I have to wait anywhere from 30 mins to over an hour before it will start again. What is strange is when I hear it dogging, and I disengage the PTO it will keep running. It still dogs for a while, but won't stall. If I re engage the PTO after a couple of minutes it will dog and stall if I don't disengage it. If I wait for a while and start cutting again it will give me more than a couple of minutes cut time ... more like 20 min. I have the gas cap loose because it causes the it to stall if I have it on too tight.

Any idea what I need to do to correct this? Thanks for reading my post.

Vortec325

Threads
Having to run the gas cap off is a vent issue either with the cap or vent tube . What kind of mower is it ?

Tom S. in Tn.

Threads
Can't wait to see the fix here.
Got a 3000 series with a Kohler CHV23 same issues that started out of the blue about 5 weeks ago.
New fuel pump, coils and head gaskets. Fuel system cleaned from removing the tank to overhauling the carb. Cooling fins cleaned while apart new air and fuel filters.
Have noticed what appears fuel to be boiling out carb vents when this happens. The fuel filter at inlet of pump is full, but carb float bowl is dry.

I think it's poor engineering of gasoline AND the mower. Let's here it.

spirittoo

Threads
My tractor information is in my sig.
The picture shows the model ... 13A-214F100 Serial # 371415

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you start with an investigation to work out if it is fuel or electrical.
So get an inline red neon spark tester and fit it to the engine, let the wallet moths out and perhaps even get 2.
Pull the hood off, it is really only an orniment to make the mower look pretty.
Watch them while you are mowing.
If they continue to flash while the engine dies you have a fuel problem
And if they stop flashing it is electrical.

If electrical take the kill wires off the coils then check that the fuel solenoid will stop the engine.
If it works, go mow again .
Problem goes away = short/ bad switch duff diode between the 2 coils.

NOTE, while you can run without the hood. you can't run without the blower housing.