X540 Deere acting up

Vortec325

Threads
Hmmm that must have a pain to figure out . When it acts up again I'll clean the tank again . I'm not sure of what you mean by moulding flash . I'd assume a bad spot in the mood that holds all the crap near the pick up tube

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A moulding flash is where the join faces on the mould used to make the tank come together but don't quite seal so you get a fin of plastic on the join line.
I am sure you have seen one on something that you have bought.
Happens with both metals and plastics.
The outside ones are easy trimmed off but inside ones are a bit harder, not seen by the customer so oft ignored.

bluesky

Forum Newbie
Threads
My X540 kept dieing this summer. We finally took the carb off and found two small pieces of black rubber in it- from he fuel hoses. This tractor is only three years old and in perfect condition: except that the fuel hoses are breaking down on the inside. We replaced the hoses when the carb went back on. Tractor has run great the last four times that we mowed.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My X540 kept dieing this summer. We finally took the carb off and found two small pieces of black rubber in it- from he fuel hoses. This tractor is only three years old and in perfect condition: except that the fuel hoses are breaking down on the inside. We replaced the hoses when the carb went back on. Tractor has run great the last four times that we mowed.

Welcome to the wonderful world of ethnol. Did you get Ethnol friendly fuel lines?