Tire pressure

csmlet

Threads
I noticed there are a few threads on this subject already but maybe someone can clarify for me what tire pressure I should run on my Rzt L42 zero turn. The tire pressure on the tire itself is extremely high, I think, but have experimented with different pressures and would like to know what you more experienced zero turn people think. Thanks for any help.

Mr. Ed

Threads
My understanding is that ZT front tires can be pretty full of air... don't really want much deflection from them as all they do is keep the front of the machine at a constant height. The rears would probably be happiest with the least amount of pressure you can manage, as long as they don't deflect much and change the height of the deck. If they deflect when you sit on the machine, they're probably under inflated. Over inflated rear tires will probably result in less traction for steering and propulsion, and under inflated rears will improve traction but might negatively impact cut quality. Just my .02

When in doubt, follow the owner's manual. The pressure listed on the side of the tire is the maximum pressure that the tire is designed to handle, not what is optimal for the machine it's mounted on.

csmlet

Threads
My understanding is that ZT front tires can be pretty full of air... don't really want much deflection from them as all they do is keep the front of the machine at a constant height. The rears would probably be happiest with the least amount of pressure you can manage, as long as they don't deflect much and change the height of the deck. If they deflect when you sit on the machine, they're probably under inflated. Over inflated rear tires will probably result in less traction for steering and propulsion, and under inflated rears will improve traction but might negatively impact cut quality. Just my .02

When in doubt, follow the owner's manual. The pressure listed on the side of the tire is the maximum pressure that the tire is designed to handle, not what is optimal for the machine it's mounted on.

Thanks, Mr. ED. Good info.

JimPap

Threads
I just bought a cub cadet zero turn radius mower that rides like a tank.

Thought I'd check the tire pressure and the only information I found in the manual was to use the maximum pressure shown on the tire sidewall....which didn't sound right.

My previous mower (a john deeere L118) which i still have used 10 and 14 which agrees with what I found here for the cub cadet. https://support.cubcadet.com/s/article/ka2A0000000PHIqIAO/453-1

Not sure if this will make it ride better but will give it a shot.

I presume they over inflate these thires so they won't go flat while in inventory.