Briggs 15hp intek carb?

Waycooldue

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello

Have a 15hp intek on a simplicity walk behind. Last time I mower it ran fine. Didn't use for 3 week and now it will not run, what I have, spark at plug, fuel getting to plug, plug get soaked in fuel, checked valves they move with turning the flywheel, key is ok on fywheel. I took carb off and took a part and cleaned and still not starting.
Any ideas
Thanks Erik

Threads
Let's start at the beginning.

1st.... take the air filter off and squirt some gas in the carb. A little will do. Try to start it, If it pops and runs for a second or two, then you might have a carb issue. Fuel lines maybe bad. Filter may be clogged.

2nd.... If you don't get it going with gas trick, then try a known good spark plug or a new plug... Spark is spark, but a good spark is the trick.

3rd.... Is the compression sounding right when you turn it over ??

Let us know Mon Ami >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
No insult intended, but is the "kill-switch" the culprit, I have on many occassions forgot to re-position the kill switch. ..:ashamed:

Threads
No insult intended, but is the "kill-switch" the culprit, I have on many occassions forgot to re-position the kill switch. ..:ashamed:

I don't think the kill switch is it Boobala..... He is getting spark, but I don't know if it's a good spark.

Waycooldue

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replys, back at it, new plug no go still getting very wet, but not starting will not start with carb clean

Waycooldue

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes when put my thumb over the spark plug hole it pushes it away

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
A remote possibility...make sure your muffler is not plugged.
Than mud dobbers can wreak havoc...........
If your motor can't exhaust, it can't breathe.....

Waycooldue

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove exhaust and still will not run, plug still wet have spark

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
You stated that you attempted to start using carb cleaner.
Have you used it in successfully the past?
I have read mixed reviews on that...

Are you sure your gas is good? Maybe water/condensation intrusion?

You may want to try fresh gas into the cylinder or starting fluid,tho some do not recommend that practice...

Last edited: